Who we are
Launched in 1973, the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics is a dynamic solutions-oriented environment where students, faculty, and industry leaders pool their knowledge and experience to advance supply chain education and research. Through our Global Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence (SCALE) Network, we possess an international network of:
- Six centers of excellence
- More than 80 researchers and faculty members from multiple disciplines
- Over 150 corporate partnerships
- More than 170 students annually
- Approximately 1,000 alumni worldwide
What We Do
We create supply chain innovation and drive it into practice through the three pillars of our mission statement:
- Research: We focus on conquering real-world supply chain challenges with ingenuity, passion, and collaborative dynamism to deliver solutions that help organizations and societies to thrive.
- Outreach: Our corporate outreach program brings together more than 50 global companies to solve critical supply chain challenges.
- Education: Our students work directly with researchers and industry experts on complex and challenging problems in all aspects of supply chain management.
Programs We Offer
Our internationally recognized educational programs are key vehicles for moving leading-edge research beyond MIT’s laboratories to the global marketplace. MIT CTL delivers late-breaking knowledge to students and industry professionals who need high-functioning supply chains to compete in today’s increasingly complex marketplace. The Center’s master and doctoral programs are consistently ranked the best in the country. We offer: